- Ph.D. Student
- College of Liberal Arts & Sciences, Spanish & Portuguese
Hipatia Medina-Ágreda is a Ph.D. student at the University of Kansas in the School of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures under the Department of Spanish and Portuguese. She received a M.A. in Spanish from Baylor University in 2015, a B.A. in Spanish from Baptist University of the Americas in 2013, and a B.B.A. in Marketing from Texas A&M University in 2003. She was raised in the border town of Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas, México. Concerned with the current political circumstances of her country, she is focusing her research on contemporary Mexican and Colombian literature regarding drug trafficking.
Awards & Honors —
- KU Institute for Digital Research in the Humanities Fellow, 2022
- University Graduate Fellowship Recipient, 2021-2022
- HASTAC Scholars Fellow, 2020-2022
- Robert A. Granberg Award, Spanish & Portuguese Department, University of Kansas, 2020