Luis Ahmed Sanchez Arrocha
- Ph.D. Student
- GRASP Secretary
Luis Sanchez Arrocha studied English Language at the University of Panama from 2010 until 2015. He obtained his M.A. degree in English literature from Emporia State University, Kansas in 2017 where he took an interest in early modern colonial literature, specifically on the Brevísima Relación de la Destrucción de las Indias written by the Spanish Dominican friar, Bartolomé de las Casas. Other interests are the process of second language acquisition, poetry, and improving his language skills in Portuguese. In 2018, Luis was recipient of a Graduate Scholarship from the Office of Graduate Studies for excellent academic records and strong departmental endorsement.
- Communicative Language Teaching
- Student-centered instruction
- Class planning assessment
- Lascasian literature analysis
- Theories on justifications of power and colonization
- 15th and 16th century new world literature
Selected Publications —
Sanchez Arrocha, Luis A. “The House of Clay” Flint Hills Review (2018): 104.