Graduate Student Resources
- From KU Human Resources - Content Developer positions at the Open Language Resource Center Summer 2019
Content Developers needed to create curricular materials in Spanish created under the auspices of the Open Language Resource Center. Depending on the project, the developer may be required to work with faculty on existing materials or to develop materials entirely on their own. All work will be done in consultation with a project director and the unit’s web designer. Please visit KU HR website for employment information.
1. Native or near-native knowledge of Spanish or French
2. Knowledge of the contemporary culture(s) using that language
3. Knowledge of current pedagogical practices
4. During the semester term of the appointment, the student hourly must be enrolled in no fewer than 6 credit hours. For summer periods the student hourly must: 1) have been enrolled in no less than 6 hours in the past spring semester or 2) be pre-enrolled in upcoming fall semester in no less than 6 hours or 3) be enrolled in summer session or 4) be admitted to study in the upcoming fall semester. Student Hourlies may be undergraduate or graduate students. (Exceptions granted for GRA/GTA/GA appointments DO NOT apply to Student Hourly appointments)
- From Institute of Reading Development - Summer 2019
Teach Reading Classes to Students of All Ages
(Now Accepting Applications for Summer 2019)
The Institute of Reading Development offers summer reading skills programs in partnership with the continuing education departments of more than 100 colleges and universities nationwide. Each year we hire hard-working, encouraging people with a passion for reading to teach our summer programs.
As an Institute teacher you will:
- Earn more than $6,000 in one summer. Our full-time teachers typically earn $500-$700 per week.
- Improve your teaching skills and confidence during our comprehensive, paid training program.
- Gain over 400 hours of classroom teaching experience with a variety of age groups from 4-year-olds to adults.
- Help your students become successful readers with a love of great books.
We are seeking applicants from any academic discipline. All applicants must have an undergraduate degree or higher in their field before the start of our teaching season.
Successful Institute teachers:
- Have strong reading skills and read for pleasure
- Are responsible and hard-working, with good communication and organizational skills
- Will be patient and supportive with students
Sound like you? Learn more about teaching for us and apply today: Summer Teaching Jobs
- From El Gobierno de España, Government of Spain
Cultural Ambassadors: North American Language and Culture Assistants in Spain 2019-2020 Application period: Jan 10, 2019 through April 10, 2019
What is the program about? The English Language and Culture Assistants provides university students and graduates, native speakers of English, with the opportunity to work in Spain supporting English teachers.
How long? Assistants will spend a full academic year in Spain, October 1, 2019 to May 31, 2020 (Madrid: October 1 through June 30). They work for 12-16 hours a week.
How much? They receive full medical insurance and a monthly stipend of €700-€1,000 (tax-free) to cover for accommodation and food expenses.
The whole application process is on line. Please review the documentation below. Assignments will be given on a first-come, first-serve basis. Once your application has the status of admitida, no further action will be required from you. Please check your email regularly (including spam folder) for assignment notifications.
Important notice for applicants who hold a US and a European Union passport or a Canadian and a European Union passport simultaneously. Please note that prior to arriving in Spain you must obtain a police background check and have it accompanied by a The Hague Apostille (US citizens) or a legalization (Canadian citizens). Please visit the Government of Spain website.
Digital Humanities Travel Grant Deadline: Monday, April 1, 2019
Dole Internship Assistance Program Deadline: Monday, April 1
Ted Johnson Interrelations of the Humanities and the Arts Awards Deadline: Sunday, April 7