Internal M.A. Applications to Ph.D. Program
- The Department’s Graduate Studies Committee oversees the application process.
- Applications for the Ph.D. program are due on the first Friday of the semester when the student will be taking their M.A. exams. Students should submit their completed application to the COGA Advisor AND to the Director of Graduate Studies for review. A completed application includes:
• Statement of Ph.D. goals, including likely committee members;
• Current degree progress report by signing in through http://my.ku.edu;
• Writing sample from M.A. work;
• One-paragraph letters from two faculty members with whom the student would work; applicants request these letters from faculty, to be delivered to the Director of Graduate Studies.
- In addition to reviewing the application materials, the Graduate Studies Committee contacts the Co-Directors of the Language Program for an assessment of the candidate’s teaching qualifications.