Office Hours: F 12:00-3:00pm or by appointment
Indira is a Ph.D. student in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese. She received her B.A. in Art History, Philosophy and a minor of Museum Studies from Arizona State University in 2012. Also, in 2016 she received her M.A. in Spanish Literature from Arizona State University, where she wrote a thesis focusing on the rethinking the image of the Spanish and Cuban writer Gertrudis Gómez de Avellaneda under the supervision of Dr. Emil Volek.
- Communicative Language Teaching
- Safe Zone Training
- Online Teaching Training
- Socio-Cultural Approach
- And Literary Theory
- 15th and 16th century Visual Arts
- Including Photography
- Prints and Manuscripts
- García Varela, Indira Yadira Ariana. “La Frontera y el paisaje. Fotografías de Elsa Medina” RE. Encontraste Colectivo Digital (2012): 118-119.
- García Varela, Indira Yadira Ariana. “Ritmo hesicástico: Nueve ensayos sobre Lezama”. Carátula. Revista Cultural Centroamericana 61 (2014): 80-84.
- Editor in the fifth edition of Contrapuntos “Contrapuntos V: The Gaze” (Spring 2018).
- Contrapuntos, VI edition; "Curaduría Fotográfica" (Fall 2018)