Anna Donko is a M.A. student in the Department of Spanish and Portuguese. She received her B.A. in Spanish and mathematics from Sweet Briar College in 2014, graduating Magna Cum Laude and with highest honors for her Senior HonorsThesis: "Confrontando la identidad: un análisis de Al otro lado del mar y Vértigo 824 de Jorgelina Cerritos e Eternity Class y Mugres de la María y el Negro de Cristina Escofet." During her time at Sweet Briar, Anna was selected into the Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges. She is also a member of Alpha Lamba Delta and Sigma Delta Pi. Upon graduation she taught English in Río Bueno, Chile with Programa Inglés Abre Puertas. She currently serves as the vice president of the Graduate Association for the Department of Spanish and Portuguese (GRASP).
Office Hours: M/T/W 10:00-1:00
- Curriculum Design and Development
- Learner Assessment
- Interdisciplinary Teaching Approaches
- Communicative Language Teaching
- English as a Second Language
- TEFL Training
- Contemporary Latin American Theatre
- National Identities
- Liminal Spaces
- Indigenous Languages and Cultures of the Americas
- Contact Linguistics
- Second Language Acquisition
- Donko, Anna, translator. Exorcised. By Andrés Torres Scott. Contrapuntos: An Experimental Edition. Forthcoming.
- Stanton, Margaret, and Anna Donko, translators. On the Other Side of the Sea. By Jorgelina Cerritos, The Mercurian, vol.6, no. 2, Fall 2016, pp. 5-42. https://themercurian.wordpress.com/2016/11/16/on-the-other-side-of-the-sea/