Minimum Admissions Criteria for the M.A.:
- B.A. degree with 15 credit hours of literature courses in Spanish at the survey level or above.
- Minimum GPA of at least a B (3.0 on 4.0 scale) in overall undergraduate coursework, as well as in Spanish courses
- General requirements of the Graduate School
Minimum Admissions Criteria for the Ph.D.:
- M.A. in Hispanic Literatures or the equivalent
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in undergraduate coursework
- GRE scores are required for the consideration of university-wide fellowships, but not for admission
International students must also submit TOEFL scores. For regular admission, the requirements are: TOEFL, all part scores at least 57, or TOEFL CBT, all part scores at least 23; essay at least 4.0. International students with a degree from a university in an English-speaking country do not need to submit TOEFL scores.