Hattie received her B.A. in Spanish from Lawrence University, Wisconsin, and an M.A. in Spanish Literatures from the University of Kansas, during which time she received the L. R. Fox Graduate Scholarship. In the 2015-2016 academic year, she worked as a lecturer of English at the Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, and is currently pursuing a Ph.D. in Spanish & Portuguese literatures and film. Her work centers on representations of dictatorship in film and novels, with emphasis on the child's perspective.
Office Hours: T/Th 11:00-12:00; F 1:00-2:00
- Communicative approach to second language learning
- Dynamic and collaborative classroom environment
- Individualized learning
- Contemporary Iberian Film and Literature
- Dictatorship Film and Literature
- The Child's Perspective in Film and Literature